A Coffee and 5 Things Friday
1. First (and most importantly in my opinion), The Digital Age released their new album Evening:Morning and it is very good. Seriously, if you don’t at least preview a few songs at Amazon.com, then I have to ask you why you hate your ears. Here is one of my favourite tracks:
2. Andi Cumbo linked up to a site that will rate the reading level of your summer beach read. It takes a little bit of time, but I discovered Mrs. Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn ranks at a grade seven reading level. I would have cried had it ranked it at a grade three level. (And I dare not apply the formula to my blog!)
3. I started listening to two new podcasts this week (and they really are new, not just 'new to me'!):
- The Pew Party Podcast from Carlos Whitaker: Los describes it best on his blog. It’s good, y’all.
- The Popcast Podcast from Jamie Golden and Knox McCoy: Again, check out their inaugural blog post to get a feel for things (and to listen to the podcast).
What I really enjoyed about both of these podcasts is they were by turns funny and serious, and it felt like I was – even as a listener – a part of the conversation.
4. The best writer-ly bit of the week doesn’t necessarily offer any advice, but it does capture what the writing process can feel like in the beginning stages.
5. And last but not least, if you like Thor and Arrested Development, you should watch the below clip: