A Coffee and a Confession Friday
I have a confession to make: I’ve been feeling jealousy towards a lot of people as of late.
- Are you raising kids, getting closer than you would like to their departure from the nest? I have been jealous of you.
- Are you working hard at and achieving your dreams? I have been jealous of you.
- Are you setting your mind to tasks around your domiciles, making changes and updates and upgrades? I have been jealous of you.
- Are you moving/living in your God-given purpose with evidence of you putting in the work to develop the gifts He gave you? I have been jealous of you.
- Do you have strong, solid friendships where there is a good balance between you calling them and them calling you? I have been jealous of you.
I am not proud of my reactions, of my pouting while you are enjoying the fruits of your labours, the goodness of God’s blessings on and in your life.
Please forgive me.
I have no good excuses, no rationale, other than offering up the simple fact I have allowed myself to become bogged down in my fears and my regrets once again. It’s never a good thing to allow my gaze to drift away from the God who spoke the world into being, weighed the oceans in His hands, and who had a plan for me before a single star lit up the night sky.
But I’m refocusing. I’m starting over as need be, picking things up where necessary.
And I hope you, too, are able to start over and refocus as need be. If you’re still breathing, there is still time to correct course because some how, in some way, God can use all this for good.
Now that was a bit heavy, and I would like to help you go into your Friday with a spring in your step. So here is an amusing cover of The Lumineers’ song “Ho Hey” courtesy of Jimmy Fallon and some friends: