A Coffee and Another List Friday
“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” –Sam Keen
I promise I was not going to do another Blog Post List Because Paragraph Building is Hard. Truly. I still like Monday’s list, mind you, but feel Wednesday’s list was a “something is better than nothing” entry. Derp. But then I went to copy the link for today’s photo* into Evernote last night and found the rough outline that became today’s post. Because you know what? Jeff and I are really looking forward to our summer vacation. Not that we’re unthankful for our jobs – we’re ready for a break from the usual routine, however. You probably know how that goes.
So guess what? Here is one more list to round out the week. It’s of things I’m looking forward to doing in a little over three (3!) weeks:
- Lounging around in my PJs with a morning cup of coffee, my journal, and a good book. Or a magazine in lieu of the book. (I’m behind in my Real Simple reading, you guys. This must be remedied!)
- Working around the house in the morning and goofing off in the afternoon. This is a time-honoured tradition when Jeff and I have holiday time at home. It’s good to get caught up on a few things around the house, and then have time to do “whatever” the rest of the day. (Odds are great it will involve a trip to a coffee house.)
- Our church’s annual family camp! This will be our third year in attendance for the full Sunday to Wednesday camp. I’m glad we waited until we had a camping trailer to go for more than couple of evening visits, to be honest. Some people would not do anything other than tenting, and I would like to avoid it whenever possible. But whatever one’s preference, it is great to spend time with our church family.
- Late night movies/TV series marathons and late night reading sessions. Because sometimes it’s liberating to ignore the time on the clock and to watch “just one more episode” or read “just one more page.” Plus Monty Python and the Holy Grail gains extra degrees of hilarity when one is tired.
- Overall, we are looking forward to a more laid-back schedule. And, let’s be honest, daily lattes. Mmmmm . . . lattes . . . daily . . .
Do you have holidays coming up? What have been some highlights of your best vacation(s)? Feel free to share them here, over on Facebook, or via Twitter (links are up top). Maybe it’ll spark us to try something new during our next summer sabbatical.
*Seriously. You would have wondered what was wrong with me had you known I saw this photo and then chose not to use it. Besides which, there are days when a coffee mug that is bigger on the inside would be my BFF. Like maybe today.