A Coffee and Some Highlights Friday (V. 2)
It has been a busy week at the Woodman household, what with the ongoing bathroom renovation (I’m learning first hand renovation timetables are rather fluid creatures), getting ready for a camping trip, and trying to get a novel outline done via #StartExp along with the everyday things of life.
And even as I’m sometimes overwhelmed (and muck things up), deep down I’m oh-so-thankful for all the good things wrapped up and jumbling together into their own peculiarly beautiful melodies.
Here are some interesting things that popped out for me over the past few days:
- On my way out to have breakfast with family Thursday morning, I heard about a rather bizarre accident that happened last Wednesday night. (Let me know in the comments if the link doesn’t work for you, and I’ll give you the deets.)
- Speaking of bizarre happenings, Relevant Magazine reported on the firing of a daycare worker for (brace yourselves) putting out a fire. The initial article left me all “Wha--? Seriously? The wrong person was fired, y’all.” But an update at the end of the original piece reveals the worker in question had left the classroom prior to the hullabaloo to make lunch for the kids. And that lunch ended up causing the fire. So it just got a bit weirder. You’re welcome.
- Wes Molebash puts together a rather fantastic Webcomic you should read under the banner Insert Image. This week’s strip left me needing to stifle some laughter at work. It also left my husband telling me I must enter the draw that he is now really hoping he has won (I’ll let you know if his dream comes true).
- I’ve been married for almost 19 years, and I’m thinking it might be fun to do something like this to commemorate anniversary #20. There are some creative people out there, y’all.(But then I also see this idea, and think that is way more up Jeff’s and mine alley.)
- It has been five months since I last shared anything from The Piano Guys! If the judicious use of italics did not tip you off, I am shocked by this fact. Thankfully, they released a new cover tune this week so my Italicizer can rest easy after today’s mini-sprint. ;-)
Happy Friday, y'all!