A Coffee and Some Pondering Friday
Speaking of pondering, here are some other things I’ve been giving thought to the past little bit:
- Why does the thought of being culturally relevant have such negative connotations within many Christian circles? Granted, the cultural relevance mantra has been used by many to take much of the “oomph” out of the gospel. “Don’t say that,” someone may mutter. “We don’t want to scare people away.” But at the same time, the word “relevant” speaks of “… having practical value or application” in the dictionary, and isn’t that part of what we all look for – how to make biblical teaching applicable to our lives, our situations?
- Why do I seem to write better with some kinds of music than others? And why isn’t it the same thing that works all the time? Sometimes it has to be instrumental, other times more pop-y, or even a mix of several styles within my music library. Why is that?
- Why is Jimmy Fallon consistently such a funny guy? Or have I not watched enough of his work to see the bombs? Does it matter?
- How would this life and all it involves look if Matthew 6:33 was a core part of this life, of all decision-making processes?
- How will God redeem, oh, a good number of things I’ve mucked up?
- Why are the hangers for certain decorative wall items in such a spot so as to almost guarantee the item will not sit straight?
- Why must my parents continue to age? Granted, they may be wondering why they’ve got to keep getting older, too, but yeah …
- Do I have any more questions to add to this list?
- No? Zip?
- Then why aren’t I wrapping this up and getting ready for another day?
Happy Friday, all! Don’t get lost in the questions – get out and do some living too, okay?