A Few Thoughts on Family
- The man I count as my best friend, husband, partner, encourager, and joy-infuser.
- My mom and dad, two of the strongest, most dependable and amazing people I know.
- The two sisters I’m right in the middle of chronologically. We share a history that comes with it’s own particular shorthand, and over the years we have also genuinely become friends.
- My husband’s parents. They are no longer together, but together they did help raise a pretty amazing man.
- The people I meet together with on a regular basis to learn about God and His Word. We’re stronger together, and I’m thankful to part of such a great fellowship of believers.
- The people I have yet (mostly) to meet in person, but whom I count as friends and confidants all the same as we share stories, advice, love and laughter via the World Wide Web.
You see, family isn’t just a group of people who share genetic code or a family tree. And sharing those things does not necessarily a family make. Family is made up of people who love and support one another, encourage and correct and uplift each other. We share stories and histories. We can drive each other up the wall one moment and have each other’s back the next. And however motley of an assortment of people we may be, we all need one another. Besides which, isn’t a road trip more fun when you have someone travelling along with you?
“Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.” - Unknown
*Photo Credit: anyjazz65 (Flickr via Creative Commons)