A Coffee and Some Struggling Friday
We all have things we fight with or against, don’t we? Here are some things I’ve been struggling with recently:
1. My NaNoWriMo story. I gave up part way through week one on labeling anything as chapters. It truly is a hodgepodge of scenes, brainstormings, and rants that I hope I can begin extracting a story from come December.
2. The hand soap in our bathroom. The eucalyptus-and-mint smelled nice in the store. However, it seems to not like my hands – it feels and smells like I’ve rubbed a dry cough drop all over them. I shall be glad when it is all used up.
3. Staying informed of news events at home and abroad. It’s hard to find relatively unbiased news sources. And it’s not easy to read things from or by people whose views I disagree with. There is a balance, I know. I will be glad when it is found because I’m not there yet.
4. Jesus’ call for me to lose my life – even knowing it is to be done in order to truly find it. There are days I want so desperately to leave a mark to show I was here. But I need to remember to rest in and trust Him. Trying to leave “my” mark leaves me all scuffed up anyway. It’s not good for this heart.
5. Patrick Troughton’s first episode as the second Doctor on the BBC series Doctor Who. Gaaah – can the episode be paced any more slowly?? And that recorder he plays has got to go. Or be played a whole lot less.
6. Finishing this post.
Have a happy Friday, y’all. Soon it will be December and my writer-ly brain won’t be locked in on word counts quite so intensely.