if i may ...
If I may, a few confessions from me to you:
- There may have been a few times over the last few weeks where I wondered if I could ask God if it would be okay to smite a few internet connections … or just kind of jam them up for, oh, eternity.
- I was initially wondering if God would smite the above, but then re-reading Luke 9:54 in which the disciples, after arguing about things such as fame and who was in ‘the in group’, I saw they were the ones ready to do some smiting (smoting?). Huh … that escalated pretty quickly, no?
- But it’s unlikely He’s on board with anyone’s desire(s) to smite internet connections, and especially not to smite people, which is a good thing, really, as it saves my butt, too, I’m sure.
- I find it hard to be still, to sit in a silence. My inclination is to fill it in some way, especially if there is any shade of awkwardness or discomfort to it.
- Not surprisingly, I find it hard to be still, to wait on God. It’s like I’m worried in the those moments I’ll somehow fall off His radar, as it were.
- I’m learning to learn to leave some silences be. I’m trying to bite my tongue, bide my time, be patient and just ‘be’. God won’t forget me, forget my need of Him, forget His love for me.
- But when it is time for some noise, there are some songs that I often feel are better when played loudly. The below song by The Gray Havens in one such song, be it thumping through speakers or headphones: