Julie over at The Esau Project shared 10 random thoughts last week, and as I’m scrabbling for a topic today, I am borrowing/stealing/hopefully not running amok too badly with her idea. In no particular order:
- My husband and I are really enjoying the TV show Community. We decided to check it out on Netflix, and ended up picking up season 2 on DVD so we didn’t have to sweat out the season 1 cliffhanger.
- I’m only on number two, and am already wondering if I can keep this going up into the double digits.
- It would have been great to attend the first Killer Tribes Conference in Nashville at the end of the month. But it’s no small potatoes to travel to Nashville, TN from my Canadian home. This does not mean, however, I will never make the trip. (Here’s looking at the 2nd Killer Tribes Conference!)
- Looking at my Finish Year list, I do see progress. But what I did not foresee happening was being asked to put in a lot of full days at my part-time job. Course adjustments need to be made.
- Some days I feel like I have the attention span of gnat.
- What is the attention span of a gnat?
- Catherine Marshall’s book Christy is a great read. I also really enjoyed the short-lived television series based on the book starring Kellie Martin. But the three-part miniseries that attempted to wrap up the TV show? Eh, not so much. Everyone in Cutter Gap suddenly had brand new, spotless cabins and . . . Even in trying to write about it, I find my mind wandering to other, more interesting things. Like the attention span of gnats.
- It’s easy to start a story. It’s not even terribly difficult to get the first draft done (Thanks, NaNoWriMo!). But it’s another matter to go through many edits until one has a story that is ready for others to read.
- I can have all kinds of random thoughts. Until I sit down to write down some random thoughts. Then the cursor mocks me.
- Yay! I’m done!