Upcoming Running Tunes
First off, in case you missed it yesterday via Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, Jim Woods graciously shared his blogging space with me yesterday where I shared how community helped me push through a writing slump. I have to confess to needing to be reminded of my own words – they helped me see I had been sequestering myself from fellow writers lately, and that is not a good thing.
Secondly, I am ready to start running again. I had finally started getting back into it after petering out at the end of last year, only to have to take a break from strenuous activities while my tattoo healed. With the way things are looking, I should be lacing my running shoes up again by the end of the week and I am looking forward to it!
In celebration of my upcoming return to my running routine, here are 5 songs that are on my running playlist more often than not:
- Transcend by Group 1 Crew – It has a great rhythm, and has helped me pick up the pace more than once when I’m find myself slowing down.
- Oh My God by David Crowder*Band – Love the lyrics, the melodic structure, and the way the whole piece just moves.
- The Futurekind by Murray Gold – From the season 5 Doctor Who soundtrack this song never fails to help me kick it up a notch. (It also helps to imagine post-apocalyptic, zombie-like creatures are chasing you.)
- The Bourne Vivaldi/Code Name Vivaldi by The Piano Guys – You’ve heard me rave about these guys often enough.
- Dare You to Move by Switchfoot – Y’all, the song is daring me to move. I must accept the challenge!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to dust off my running gear.
Photo Credit: Esbjorn Jorsater © 2007 (Flickr via Creative Commons)