A Coffee and Some Faves Friday
I'm feeling the brevity of my introverted self today, so let’s skip over the preamble and get to the meat of today's post -- namely, a short list of some things I'm enjoying or have enjoyed this week:
- Andrea Ward, who blogs over at Jesus, You, and Me, had a great post this Wednesday about being a straight edge hippie. Not sure what that means or what that tells you about Andrea? Then check out Saying It Loud . . . I’m a Straight Edge Hippie to learn more.
- Two of my favourite artists have released new albums:
- MercyMe’s The Hurt and the Healer* has been on my radar for a little while now, thanks to the twittering awesomeness of the group’s lead singer Bart Millard (follow him at @bartmillard (you’re welcome)). Two standouts for me so far are To Whom It May Concern and You Are I Am. Both are timely reminders for me of the bigness of God.
- Owl City released a 4-track EP – Shooting Star *– ahead of his next full-length album that is due in the fall. I’m really enjoying the title track and Gold in particular.
- I have had the Evernote app on my iPhone and iPad for a while now, but have only recently begun to use it on an almost daily basis. I finally installed it on my iMac as well as I wanted something to keep my various notes ‘n’ stuff for various writing projects in one place. Evernote does that for me, and it does it well.
- I treated myself earlier this week to Bath and Bodywork’s White Citrus shower gel and body lotion. It’s more ‘perfumey’ than what I normally wear scent-wise, but not overwhelmingly so. I’m finding it’s a nice scent to wear with the warmer weather, and my skin feels great.
*Links are for the U.S. iTunes store.