A Meme Blog Post
If I do say so myself, I'm a pretty awesome procrastinator. Not that such a thing is something to brag about in any sort of a serious manner. But I am one who is still in the recovery stages all the same, and some days I'm more successful at not procrastinating than others.
As such, here is the circuitous route today's blog post took (which isn't much of a blog post, really, but it is pretty meme as it's a blog post about a blog post):
- Get home from an impromptu trip out to help friends move a fish tank Sunday night.
- Tell my husband I'm going to see what I can "cobble together" for Monday's (aka today's) blog post.
- Go on computer. Wonder what to blog about. Check out Entertainment Weekly, Facebook, and some in-progress stories in various Word documents on my computer.
- Snuggle with cat.
- Go into living room to see what could be causing a weird sound from the fish tank. Naturally, weird sound stops when I enter the room and does not resume again until I'm back at my computer.
- Debate posting part of a Doctor Who/House, M.D. fanfic story I started two years ago (or thereabouts) and have yet to finish for blog post.
- Decide idea #6 would make for too long of a blog post.
- Debate not posting at all.
- Debate going into a lengthy explanation about how I worked for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon on another project I had procrastinated about for the last two weeks. It's due on Monday. And I'm not yet finished the piece.
- Decide no one wants to read the whining rants/explanations of Someone Who Really Should Know Better by Now.
- End up cobbling together the post you have before you now.
- Wonder what it would be like to have a blog with a tighter focus.
- Can't figure out focus.
- Can figure out I need to get into bed so I can get up early tomorrow to do a decent number of things (see #9 for an example) before going to my 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM job (unless it's my 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM job, which does happen).
- Call this post a wrap. Hope I don't regret it in the morning.