I had a couple of nifty blog post ideas swim through the old neural pathways prior to today. “Thoughts/struggles with prayer and faith” reads one note. Then there was a short-lived debate to write in a bit more detail some events Jeff and I are currently the midst of, but that was quickly shelved as we’re, well, in the midst of them. I also jotted down a lovely quote from Stephen Colbert: “If you’re laughing, I defy you to be afraid.” Isn’t that a great quote? And it’s true. Because when I’m truthfully laughing, I’m not afraid. Wait – blog post.
Yes, part of the problem with getting things beyond the idea state for today was I kept getting distracted by other things (If today’s title didn’t tip you off to that being an issue – surprise!). But I figured I might as well make lemonade out of these lemons I kept picking up. Therefore, in nothing resembling a chronological order, here are the things I distracted myself with last night when I should have been working on a blog post about something less … frivolous? Flighty? Oooo – squirrel!
- Oh, look – a trailer for Fox’s remake of the British miniseries Broadchurch called Gracepoint. I already know who the killer is … but David Tennant has really worked on his American accent, so 10 episodes of that could mix things up enough. Maybe.
- Paul Janz, former Canadian pop singer (Who remembers Go to Pieces?), is now a professor of theology in the UK. I wonder if he at least still sings in the shower? He looks pretty serious in his bio picture, so I’m going to hope he definitely does.
- What distracts squirrels? Do they get squirrely?
- Why is Jeff yelling downstairs? Oh, wait – he’s probably gaming with some buddies online.
- Jeff is definitely gaming with some buddies online. But I had to make sure. He might have sneezed too hard and hurt himself.
- No, really – he had surgery Saturday night.
- I’m hungry.
- Chuck is having a twisty second season. (Our latest Netflix obsession fun and completely under control fun find.)
- I’m still hungry. There's ice cream in the freezer.
- Maybe Jeff and I can squeeze in one more episode of Chuck tonight. Or I could read a book.
- Hey – this whole “distraction” thing could be good fodder for a blog post …