Five Fun Summer Things
It’s looking like it will be a list-y kind of a week here, y’all, for as I was wondering what to post for today my husband suggested I make a list of five things I’m looking forward to this summer. And hey – I’m a great list-maker! (It’s the finishing of lists I sometimes have an issue with. Derp.)
So in no particular order, here are five things I’m looking forward to this summer:
- Iced coffee beverages – Some people “poo-poo” fancy coffees, but the hubs and I quite enjoy them. (It’s unfortunate, really, that we can’t earn Air Miles® at either Good Earth Coffeehouse & Bakery or Starbucks, as we would be flying around the world by this point.) Good Earth makes a mean iced latte, and the hazelnut frappuccino at Starbucks is delightful. But hot coffee has its place, too, particularly when camping. There’s something about drinking the first cup brewed either over the fire or on a camp stove in the crisp morning air that can’t be beat.
- Camping – It will be our second summer with our camping trailer, and while Jeff and I still have some communication issues to resolve when it comes to backing up said trailer, we’re looking forward to heading out for our first trip later this month. It’s a great way to spend time with family and friends while we all take a breather from our regular routines. It doesn’t hurt that it also provides me with some extra time to tackle my “To Read” list. ;-)
- More trips to the local farmers market – Fresh fruit and veggies, baking, coffee, and the like – what’s not to enjoy? My only regret is not having gone prior to this year! (I know – crazy!)
- Going to Tacoma, WA – Jeff and I will be heading there for a church conference over our summer holidays, and we’re looking forward to it! I’m hoping we’ll have time to do a spot or two of sightseeing. What would be really cool is if we could make a side trip to Seattle, as an online friend lives there and it would be cool to meet in person if schedules on both sides allow. We shall see. :-)
- Summer vacation! – That is a bit of a no-brainer, I know. No work schedules! More time to drink schmancy coffees! Sleeping in! Extra time with family and friends! What’s not to enjoy?
I hope you also have good things on your summer horizon!
*Photo Credit: Joe Shlabotnik ©2008 (Flickr via Creative Commons)