Odds and Schmods
I find myself super-dupery wanting to write a blog post that will receive boatloads of views and “likes” and comments and interactions. But any time I set out, in any way, to write such a piece the proverbial lead balloon kicks in and “Foomp!” This here blog then gets quieter than an Old West town when the bad guys show up for their final showdown with the good guy(s).
So when such desires and not-great forecasts threaten to have me packing up with a muttered, “I’ll have something later this week/next week/maybe never again”, I’m learning to just push the words out and kick them over the edge anyway and not sweat what sort of a response I get.
(Still easier said than done, but it is getting a little bit easier.)
On that note, here are a few things that have been bobbing around my neural pathways/iDevice(s) lately:
- I just discovered that Funko POP! Vinyls has a Sherlock line, y’all. Sherlock! Between that, Doctor Who, and Bob’s Burgers we are going to need some more shelf space.
- The Popcast continues to be one of my favourite weekly podcasts. Knox and Jamie aren’t out to solve the world’s problems, but they do entertain and inform on many a pop culture-related thing. They’re excellent company for morning wake-up routines, car rides, and other such things.
- Jeff and I can take an agonizingly long time to decide on a movie to watch together at home. More often than not, we do end up settling on something we both enjoy. But sometimes we’ll end up watching, in its entirety, Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and like one IMDb reviewer will also feel mildly ripped off after having watched it (basically) for free on Netflix. (Though I did get a good butter-to-popcorn ratio.)
- Sometimes a TV show can get something oh-so-right, like when Doctor Who went all timey-wimey (its standard M.O., really) and made me wish Vincent Van Gogh could really know the impact of his life and work all these years later.
- I like a good pop-infused diddy. And when it’s of the love song variety – particularly of the JJ Heller sort – and coupled with a sweet animated story line, well, I’m going to share it here, of course. And I figure it’s a pretty nice way to end the list I had a hard time starting. (Besides which, coffee in the morning and ice cream in the evening is pretty standard in my house!)