Some days it is very easy to put my own words aside and read what others are saying about God, life, writing, creativity, and other whatnots. Here is what has caught my attention so far this week:
- Why do we deem some things beautiful and other things ugly? Andi Cumbo wrestles with this as she deals with the aftermath of spraying for bugs in her garden.
- Jessica Buttram – of the great blog Meet the Buttrams – is also a NaNoWriMo-er! Y’all, that’s just awesome. And if you’re not reading her blog at least quasi-regularly you are missing out. So go read it. You’re welcome.
- Kevin Haggerty is not only a great graphic designer (look at my new blog logo – isn’t it sweet?), he also has the ability to find (and the kindness to share) some pretty hilarious things on the “interwebz” via his Friday Funhouse posts. His October 19th post had me chuckling all the way through (as per usual).
- But maybe you need something to make you laugh on Mondays as well. After all, it is Monday. Never fear! Knox McCoy has it covered with The Monday Meatloaf. His October 15th offering is a recent favourite. (You should also check out his non-meatloaf posts, too.)
- After a bit of a blogging break, Jamie Golden is back (Yay!) and feeling a bit rebellious. I’m 100% behind her “inside scarf” rebellion, but my issue is more to do with my short neck – those things never look “right” on me.
So there you have it – a glimpse at what I’ve been reading over the past bit. I hope it helps you find some great new reading material!
*Photo Credit: Keith Ramsey © 2010 (Flickr via Creative Commons)